Helen Louise Blue Bowen – Process I
Helen Louise Blue Bowen – FB query – Aug 2016 – Indiana
In my last posting I told you I would give you the step by step process I used to find the death date for Helen Louise Blue Bowen. Here is the short version of the process; all the steps are list but not the details. The detailed process (long) will be on my next posting called Process II.
- Saw a FaceBook (FB) query for death of Helen Louise (Blue) Bowen.
- Created a folder to hold the files, records and screen prints
- Copied down the FB information into a simple text file:names, dates and places.
- Created a family tree on Ancestry dot com with the query information.
- Records were suggested to me as hints; some I grabbed others I ignored.
- Grabbed the 1943 Fort Wayne, Indiana, City Directory which had Helen and husband Charles living at 1830 Clover Lane
- Grabbed the 1946 Fort Wayne, Indiana, City Directory which had Helen living at 1830 Clover Lane as widow of Charles.
- Grabbed the 1960 Fort Wayne, Indiana, City Directory which has a Judy Bowden, Ray F Singewald with wife (Helen L) all living at 1830 Clover Lane.
- Grabbed the Find A Grave page for Ray F Singewald which has Helen death date as 1997 but still no confirmation as to this Helen being Helen Blue.
- Grabbed the death certificate for Ray F Singewald and on the original document they list his address as 1830 Clover Lane, Fort Wayne, Indiana and his wife’s full maiden name as “Helen L. Blue”.
- Query Answered – We have a death date for Helen Louise (Blue) Bowen Singewald, born 06Jul1912, died 09Aug1997
- Confirmed my information with her name, her address, and many records which list her parents, husband’s and children names, military records, children records and other family trees.
- Contacted FB query person and gave him the death date of Helen.
I hope this has helped you understand how I was able to find a death date using limited information
Jose, M.Ed, Clarkston, Michigan